Vaione South Pacific Gin Marmalade
4 ¼ cups water
¾ cup Vaione South Pacific Gin
5 cups sugar
Small soup pot
Large sized mixing bowl
Glass jar with lids
1. Clean the outside of the fruit and remove any blemishes, before removing the skin.
2. Cut the fruit into quarters. Remove the seeds, throw away. Remove the white pith, throw away.
3. Cut the fruit quarters into chunks. Put into a large bowl4. Cut the white pith away from the fruit skins.
5. Cut 3 orange rind, 1 lemon rind and 1 lime rind into fine slivers, no bigger than 2cm long.
6. Put the skins into the bowl with the fruit. Add the water and gin. Leave overnight.
7. When ready, begin sterilizing the glass jars and lids as below.
8. Pour the fruit and water into the pot. Bring to the boil and boil the fruit for around 30 minutes.
9. Test the marmalade to see if it’s ready by taking a ½ teaspoon of the marmalade and dropping onto a small plate.
Push it gently with your finger. If there is a slight jelly shape when touched it is ready. If it’s not ready continue to cook
and test again in another 3 to 5 minutes.
10. Pour into the glass jars while hot and screw the lid on immediately.
Sterilizing Glass Jars
Preheat the oven to 160°c.
To sterilize you need to wash and clean the glass jars and lids. Boil water in a large pot and then put the jam jars and lids into the pot. Lightly boil the jars and lids for 5 minutes. Empty the water out of the pot. Put the jars, not the lids, into the oven for at least 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and dry with fresh paper towels while hot. Fill with your marmalade while the jar is hot and screw the lid on while hot.
This is absolutely delicious marmalade!It has sweet yet tangy bursts of real orange, lemon and lime flavours tempered with Vaione South Pacific Gin. And there is plenty enough to share, you will be amazed at how fast the empty jar will come back to you! Enjoy this delicious Vaione South Pacific Gin Marmalade at any time of the day.