Vaione Gin and Tonic Tartlets
Pre-prepared sweet pastry tartlet cases3 eggs
¾ cup cream
¼ cup castor sugar
1 lemon, juiced
3 Tablespoons Vaione Premium South Pacific Gin
¼ cup castor sugar¼ cup tonic
1 lime, juiced
3 teaspoons Vaione Premium South Pacific Gin
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c.
2. Put the eggs, cream, lemon juice and Vaione Premium South Pacific Gin into a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk together until well combined.
4. Pour into the tartlet cases.
5. Put the filled tartlet cases into the oven at bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
7. Add the second measurement of castor sugar, tonic, lime juice and Vaione Premium South Pacific Gin into a sauce pot. Heat over a low heat, stirring for about 10 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
8. Turn up the heat to a medium heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Pour over each cooked tart and decorate.
Sweet yet tart, this is a beautiful balance with the Vaione South Pacific Gin custard and the sweet overlay of a refreshing gin glaze. One bite of these tartlets will transport you to the summer sands of the islands.