4 salmon fillets¼ cup Vaione Premium South Pacific Gin
3 oranges, juiced
1 orange, sliced
2 limes, juiced
1 lime, sliced
1 Tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon ginger
2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder dissolved in 3 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt, to season
White pepper, to season
1. Season both sides of the salmon. Set aside.2. Into the sauce pot add the butter, sugar and ginger. Heat over a medium heat until the sugar has melted.
3. Into the sauce pot add the orange and lime juice and fruit slices.
4. Heat the juices over a medium heat until hot, poaching the fruit.
5. Remove the fruit and set aside.
6. Turn the heat down to low. Add the Vaione Premium South Pacific Gin and stir, then add the arrowroot and stir through until thickened. Set aside.
7. Heat the fry pan with the oil to a medium heat. Add each salmon fillet skin side down.
8. Cook until the flesh of the salmon starts turning a white pink colour. Then turn the salmon over to cook the top side, again until the salmon turns a white pink colour.
Serve the salmon skin side down. Put a poached lime and a poached orange slice just under the salmon fillet. Drizzle the sauce over top. Serve with freshly cut steamed green beans and steamed new potatoes.
Perfectly cooked salmon, rich delicious tastes, stunningly complimented with Vaione Premium South Pacific Gin – a wonderful fresh seafood match. Enjoy!